Head into the serene highlands of Colombia’s famed coffee region and discover the sweeter, softer side of this much misunderstood country. Learn how to roast the perfect blend during a tour of a working coffee plantation, be beguiled by the laidback pace of charming Salento and spend some time getting acquainted with the sophisticated air and raucous nightlife of Medellin. Then trade the country’s lush interior for its coastal spoils and wind the adventure up with a spell in oh-so-romantic Cartagena – the perfect end to this exceptional Colombian adventure.
- Bogota – La Candelaria Walking Tour
- Salento – Traditional Tejo Game
- Bogota – Visit to Paloquemao market
- Karatu – Coffee plantation tour & tasting
- Medellin – Barrio Transformation Tour
- Medellin – Flower Farm tour
- Metrocable to Acevedo station and up to Santa Elena
- Explore the cobbled alleys of Cartagena, a World Heritage-listed town that combines Caribbean splendour with irresistible old-world charm.
- Embark on a spectacular guided hike through the Cocora Valley, home to hummingbirds and the world’s tallest palm trees.
- Spend a couple of days learning about the world’s favourite bean during a stay on a traditional coffee estancia deep in Colombia’s coffee country.
- Discover the new face of Medellin – an arts and culture haven that’s bursting with trendy cafes, epic views and the best nightlife in Colombia – salsa anyone?
- Try your hand at tejo, Colombia’s explosive national sport (think bocce with gunpowder!). Join your group on this fun activity in Salento, made better with a free beer in hand.